Dragon Age: Inquisition

General gaming discussion.
Mammasboy
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Post by Mammasboy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Finally finished my mage playthroughs of 1 and 2, so was able to boot up DA:I

I found this is the first game that shows I apparently need to start thinking about upgrading my GFX cards :(. I had to change pretty much everything to low, but it does play very well in that mode(not choppy or flawed meshes), and still looks good regardless. Poor OC'd 460 GT's :cry: (5 years later still going strong Yuri!!! :P )

First things I noticed once the graphic issues were resolved...
No auto attack.... not a fan
Holding down L/R mouse buttons no longer runs.... grrrr
The game actually feels MORE console like to me than DA2
You can't click on a loot item and have your character auto run and pick it up... wtf?
View is "tactical" behind the character, you can pan out a bit of course, but nothing like 1/2, and overhead is not available though I hear a mod does enable this
You don't heal unless you use a potion or rest in a camp, and potions don't regenerate unless you go back to a camp and rest as well, this hasn't been a huge deal thus far though
Party members seem underpowered so far, and I'm on casual, but I've only played a few hours so far so can't fully judge this
I chose Mage and can't say I'm a huge fan so far. I really enjoyed the class on 1&2.
Don't know what to think of the gear/craft system so far
As a caster you can't front load a bunch of spells, anytime you cast the mana must regenerate before another can be cast. It's not long, but just doesn't feel right... I hope this changes with level/gear, but I'm thinking this was done on purpose and will remain

Running into random dragons in the distance, and seeing their initial intro/flight script is pretty awesome. So big and look FANTASTIC, just end up watching them for minutes in the distance haha
Zones look amazing
Caves are dark, real dark

Finally got used to the controls, and changed some mappings to fit me more so that made it much better. Still can't say how much of a fan of the battle system I am
Zones are crazy big, overwhelming in the beginning on what you should do

Head is all over the place so going to stop for now, post is getting more random hah
My mom rox, Nerf me

ImageImageImage

keefers
Moe Szyslak
Moe Szyslak

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Post by keefers » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

After reading all the PC complaints I gave in and bought the ps4 version.
Horde Main - Shalkrum
Alliance Main - Keefers

Mammasboy
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Mammasboy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Now sitting around lvl 15 or 16.

No longer too squishy, actually do some decent damage, especially AE, and figured out the crafting to a degree.

I still think the story is really poorly delivered, but the story is still very good at it's base. I think all they really needed to do to make this synch would to have added the Varrick narration summary that they did between acts in DA2.
Also they apparently have a background for your character already, but never go over it with you... All of a sudden NPC's know about my past and what I did prior, but was never gone over with me in the first place! Really bad delivery...
My mom rox, Nerf me

ImageImageImage

keefers
Moe Szyslak
Moe Szyslak

Post by keefers » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:36 pm

The combat is driving me crazy. I figured out how to make it work, but it is mish mash of nonsensical decisons.
Horde Main - Shalkrum
Alliance Main - Keefers

Mammasboy
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Mammasboy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:55 pm

keefers wrote:The combat is driving me crazy. I figured out how to make it work, but it is mish mash of nonsensical decisons.
Not having the double mouse button run and no auto attack makes me not even want to attempt a melee character...
My mom rox, Nerf me

ImageImageImage

keefers
Moe Szyslak
Moe Szyslak

Post by keefers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:22 am

Dumb me has been running around with only two followers. Guess I thought I was playing Mass Effect.
Horde Main - Shalkrum
Alliance Main - Keefers

Woe
Guild Leader, Disease Spreader

Post by Woe » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:02 pm

So... yeah. Got this for PC. From what I've read they have mouse/keyboard control fixes in the works, but no update on when it will be.

Any advice Mammas? This is just annoying the piss out of me.
ImageImage

Jahadura
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Jahadura » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:53 am

The controls are annoying on the console too. The collision on the game is annoying the shit out of me and half the time I get where I was trying to go... Invisible walls! Yay! Invisible walls piss me off, such lazy designing...
ImageSuccumb to the powers of my evil rubber ducky!

Mammasboy
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Mammasboy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:44 am

No advice sadly :(
I just kinda got used to it.
My mom rox, Nerf me

ImageImageImage