View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Hearthstone 
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post Hearthstone
Just got a beta invite. Anybody else?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Guild Leader, Disease Spreader

Post Re: Hearthstone
I've had one for a bit now.

It's not bad. Not super exciting either.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

It's a nice TCG. It's also somewhat easy to play while I am doing other things. Matches dont drag on like in magic 2014 sometimes. I'll play it for a bit.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Man, if you play a warlock, make yourself a Jaraxxus card. I lose as often as I win when I play it, but his emotes are pretty amusing.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Guild Leader, Disease Spreader

I miss Yuri :(

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Yuri misses you. Yuri misses having more than 30 minutes to play.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Location: Standing in line at the Senior Center...what's it to you?
Strydant got into the closed beta. He likes how the battles last about 5 minutes. Great for a super busy college student ;-)

The AARP card can be used as a deadly weapon...think about that!

http://www.d-silence.com

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Well, I have been playing this for a while and I do like it mainly because it's very casual to play (and that's a good thing for me considering I've had less free time in recent days). It's important to get dailies done or just log in to get them and complete when you have time to play for more gold. I never use the gold for packs... ALWAYS arena purchases.. I only spent money from my battle.net account (that I got through D3 real money AH) on one purchase for the golden Gelbin card. Have not spent a single cent since. It's not P2W, but boy it will take a while to get the cards.

Otherwise, I don't have much else to say. It's a card game. It's fun to play. It's worth checking out when it becomes available.

Edit: For those that have the game and are interested in adding me in to play, send a PM and I'll give you my Battletag.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:18 am
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Got into the open beta this weekend and played a few games. It's... a game. It's alright though most of the mechanics feel quite derivative; granted, I'd been playing the Might & Magic: Duel of Champions* online CCG beforehand a lot so Hearthstone at this point seems like a slightly inferior version in many aspects. Druid (the only thing I really tried) seems ok; though playing any mage decks was just an exercise in frustration. Also - is there any point in the leveling rewards you receive? Seems like they're all staple cards that you'll easily have 2x of by the time you earn them - maybe I'm just a grumpy and overly entitled curmudgeon for giving zero hoots about foily versions of electronic cards and you can't even disenchant them for dust

* - Quite fun if you ever played the Heroes of Might and Magic turn-based strat games, which I'm guessing at least 50% of you have

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:48 pm
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

The only point to leveling up each class is to unlock all the basic, soulbound cards for that respective class. You'll need them to construct a deck. After a certain point, you only receive gold foil version of those cards. You do get a golden animated portrait of a hero at the level cap of 50, although it takes a long time to reach it. The best part of the game is the Arena. It's totally fun.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 pm
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

The randomness of arena is both fun and frustrating at times. Seeing someone with a couple legendaries when you get generally mediocre cards sucks. But the games are quick to start and quick to play out. once it's on Android it will be perfect.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Maruda wrote:
The randomness of arena is both fun and frustrating at times. Seeing someone with a couple legendaries when you get generally mediocre cards sucks. But the games are quick to start and quick to play out. once it's on Android it will be perfect.

Yup! Couldn't agree with you more!

They are updating a new patch this week to make some, in my opinion, necessary changes including the nerf to Pyroblast (finally), slowing down the rush of the warlock deck with change to Blood Imp (particularly with murlocs), and the issue with OTK Warrior builds. There's still more to go to balance the game out. I'm personally looking forward to the rewards they are coming out with in ranked game.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 pm
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Hearthstone update for those that are interested:

Blizzard has now launched the game into open beta. Anyone can sign up and create an account to play the game. This is only available for PC at the moment. The IPad version will be the next thing to roll out soon. This is a good opportunity to try the game out if you haven't yet. Also, whatever cards you acquire on your account will stay there permanently even when the full version comes out.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

I have been enjoying playing a silly priest deck lately. it's not the most consistent winner, but it is fun. I just had a fight with a poor warrior that was just sad times for him. See screenshot below. Finished by getting yet another Garrosh from a mind vision, and a cruel taskmaster from the other "copy 2 of the other players cards" to kill him, but at this point seen below I was just feeling bad for him. I knew he had Garrosh in hand. I knew he was going to play and enrage it. I saved my coin for the MC.

Good times.

Attachments:
sad.jpg
sad.jpg [ 508.7 KiB | Viewed 3423 times ]

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]