Hearthstone

General gaming discussion.
Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Hearthstone

Post by Maruda » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Just got a beta invite. Anybody else?
There is no charge for Awesomeness. Or Atractiveness.

Woe
Guild Leader, Disease Spreader

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Woe » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm

I've had one for a bit now.

It's not bad. Not super exciting either.
ImageImage

Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post by Maruda » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm

It's a nice TCG. It's also somewhat easy to play while I am doing other things. Matches dont drag on like in magic 2014 sometimes. I'll play it for a bit.

Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post by Maruda » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 am

Man, if you play a warlock, make yourself a Jaraxxus card. I lose as often as I win when I play it, but his emotes are pretty amusing.

Woe
Guild Leader, Disease Spreader

Post by Woe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am

I miss Yuri :(
ImageImage

Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post by Maruda » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 am

Yuri misses you. Yuri misses having more than 30 minutes to play.

Strydar
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum
Location: Standing in line at the Senior Center...what's it to you?

Post by Strydar » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 am

Strydant got into the closed beta. He likes how the battles last about 5 minutes. Great for a super busy college student ;-)
Strydar - 110 Paladin (BS/Miner)
Stryayd - 100 Warrior (JC/Eng)
Strydawn - 100 Druid (Herbalist/Inscrip)

The AARP card can be used as a deadly weapon...think about that!

http://www.d-silence.com

Baralai
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Baralai » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:18 am

Well, I have been playing this for a while and I do like it mainly because it's very casual to play (and that's a good thing for me considering I've had less free time in recent days). It's important to get dailies done or just log in to get them and complete when you have time to play for more gold. I never use the gold for packs... ALWAYS arena purchases.. I only spent money from my battle.net account (that I got through D3 real money AH) on one purchase for the golden Gelbin card. Have not spent a single cent since. It's not P2W, but boy it will take a while to get the cards.

Otherwise, I don't have much else to say. It's a card game. It's fun to play. It's worth checking out when it becomes available.

Edit: For those that have the game and are interested in adding me in to play, send a PM and I'll give you my Battletag.

Astaarius
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Astaarius » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Got into the open beta this weekend and played a few games. It's... a game. It's alright though most of the mechanics feel quite derivative; granted, I'd been playing the Might & Magic: Duel of Champions* online CCG beforehand a lot so Hearthstone at this point seems like a slightly inferior version in many aspects. Druid (the only thing I really tried) seems ok; though playing any mage decks was just an exercise in frustration. Also - is there any point in the leveling rewards you receive? Seems like they're all staple cards that you'll easily have 2x of by the time you earn them - maybe I'm just a grumpy and overly entitled curmudgeon for giving zero hoots about foily versions of electronic cards and you can't even disenchant them for dust

* - Quite fun if you ever played the Heroes of Might and Magic turn-based strat games, which I'm guessing at least 50% of you have

Baralai
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Baralai » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 pm

The only point to leveling up each class is to unlock all the basic, soulbound cards for that respective class. You'll need them to construct a deck. After a certain point, you only receive gold foil version of those cards. You do get a golden animated portrait of a hero at the level cap of 50, although it takes a long time to reach it. The best part of the game is the Arena. It's totally fun.

Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post by Maruda » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 pm

The randomness of arena is both fun and frustrating at times. Seeing someone with a couple legendaries when you get generally mediocre cards sucks. But the games are quick to start and quick to play out. once it's on Android it will be perfect.

Baralai
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Baralai » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Maruda wrote:The randomness of arena is both fun and frustrating at times. Seeing someone with a couple legendaries when you get generally mediocre cards sucks. But the games are quick to start and quick to play out. once it's on Android it will be perfect.
Yup! Couldn't agree with you more!

They are updating a new patch this week to make some, in my opinion, necessary changes including the nerf to Pyroblast (finally), slowing down the rush of the warlock deck with change to Blood Imp (particularly with murlocs), and the issue with OTK Warrior builds. There's still more to go to balance the game out. I'm personally looking forward to the rewards they are coming out with in ranked game.

Baralai
Ralph Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum

Post by Baralai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Hearthstone update for those that are interested:

Blizzard has now launched the game into open beta. Anyone can sign up and create an account to play the game. This is only available for PC at the moment. The IPad version will be the next thing to roll out soon. This is a good opportunity to try the game out if you haven't yet. Also, whatever cards you acquire on your account will stay there permanently even when the full version comes out.

Maruda
I am the lawgivah!
I am the lawgivah!

Post by Maruda » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 am

I have been enjoying playing a silly priest deck lately. it's not the most consistent winner, but it is fun. I just had a fight with a poor warrior that was just sad times for him. See screenshot below. Finished by getting yet another Garrosh from a mind vision, and a cruel taskmaster from the other "copy 2 of the other players cards" to kill him, but at this point seen below I was just feeling bad for him. I knew he had Garrosh in hand. I knew he was going to play and enrage it. I saved my coin for the MC.

Good times.
Attachments
sad.jpg